Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > using lemon/lime extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Slipgate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default using lemon/lime extract

I was thinking that I like drinking a Corona with lemon or lime in it. And I like lemon and lime flavored beverages. Has anyone made a beer using lemon/lime extract or lemon/lime juice? I want to try this but have no experience with extracts as in when to add them and how much. I was thinking maybe 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice at the end of the boil? What would the lemon extract equivilent be? Need some guidance here!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2777 Times on 1661 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

This time a year there is at least one thread on the topic a week. They are usually short lived, because I think other than me, there has only been a hand full who have done. There's a couple threads below in the "similar threads" box. including it looks like one recipe .

I've posted mine a few times. Here's the link to my recipe.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/854185-post9.html

And that is from this thread http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/lime...10/#post854185

Which if I recall was mostly conjecture (not many people who actually brewed with lime) a handful of bud bashers, and a couple of us who have had experience.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
LandofOZ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I hate to admit but i like bud Lime i use for 5 gallons 4 ounces (1/4 cup) "Roses Sweetened Lime Juice" in secondary or at bottleing and sometimes an aditional 2 ounces EACH of bottled lime and lemon juice at bottleing
But i keep buying mixed 12 packs of good beers but haven't found any thing i like yet

Land Of OZ, Toto wake up where not at the bar anymore!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Slipgate
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Revvy - I looked at your thread and this looks like what I want to make. I don't do AG (yet) so I'll try to adapt it for extract. Perhaps my Cream Ale recipe. I also will double what you put in like you suggested in the post. In fact, I might do the same quantity of lime that you tried and add equal parts of lemon. I am hoping for a nice, crisp summer brew that could go nicely with sitting on the porch. I like the idea of "dry-zesting" too.

Thanks!

Quick Reply