Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Triple question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
ElPadrino86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Triple question

I made a triple and a saison at the same time then went on a trip after aging in the secondary for a few weeks. Well when I went to bottle I grabbed the triple instead of what I thought was the saison. I let it bottle condition for a month and cracked one to realize it was a uncarbonated triple instead of the saison.

Is there any way I can save the triple?

It only aged in the secondary for a month and then month bottle conditioned. I am
Thinking just keep it out to bottle condition for a few more months yet I am
Afraid I didn't carbonate it enough.

Please help this confused noob

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
beerloaf
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Tripels usually take some time to carb up. This is due to the higher gravity and higher ABV. Yeast have more resistance to deal with in the higher alcohol environment and just takes longer to happen. I usually don't bother sampling them until 6-8 weeks. Even then, they are best after bottle conditioning for a few months. You will find it amazing at 6 months. Just let them sit.

beerloaf

"Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That or His Dudeness... Duder... or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing." -The Dude

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
944play
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I did the exact same thing, except sub Scottish Ale for Saison. I tried adding carb tabs and recapping, but the beer never really carbonated and ended up just being oxidized. If there's a way you could meter a set amount of sugar solution with a skosh of fresh dry yeast to each bottle, maybe try that, but otherwise I'd suggest you let it go and chalk it up as experience.

Quick Reply