Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > took original gravity reading @80 deg hydrometer help?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
bieb9er
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default took original gravity reading @80 deg hydrometer help?

Brewing a pale ale and took my Starting gravity reading at 80 degrees with a result of 1.068. after waiting for it to cool I pitched my yeast at the right temp (65 degrees) but forgot to take the gravity reading. I know the Hydrometer works at about 60 degrees most accuratly but isnt there a conversion for whatever temp you take the reading at and bump it up or down? Please help??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
flaminpi3
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Your corrected gravity should be 1.07. Maybe someone can post the exact formula for hydrometer calibration. I just go to BrewCalcs: Free Homebrewing Calculations

“For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 04-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
jwright
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There is a temperature conversion table in most books or with the hydrometer instructions. It is a minimal adjustment. That sounds liek a hearty ale - enjoy.
jason

How to Brew - By John Palmer - Appendix A - Using Hydrometers

Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
jacketsfan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwright View Post
There is a temperature conversion table in most books or with the hydrometer instructions. It is a minimal adjustment. That sounds liek a hearty ale - enjoy.
jason

How to Brew - By John Palmer - Appendix A - Using Hydrometers
lindey's??

Quick Reply