The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Thoughts on Brewer's Best "Bold Series" American Nut Brown

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
1stTimer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Thoughts on Brewer's Best "Bold Series" American Nut Brown

Hello there everyone. Just brewed my first batch ever yesterday and now the yeast are doing there thing. Since this is my first attempt I am not expecting any miracles but I thought I would see if anyone has ever brewed the same thing before and what you thought about it? Thanks for any input.

Regardless of how it turns out, I am hooked!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
impulserush
Recipes 

Default Awesome

I just cracked one of mine open over the weekend. Very good beer. I would recommend listening to the directions. Let it sit for a month. It will be well worth the wait.

Brew on, I would recommend all of the bold series BB kits.

PENNSYLVANIA REDNECK HOME BREWER!

Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Drinking:Belgian Wit. Hophead IPA, Weyerbacher Big Brews

Wine:
Primary: Empty
Drinking: Pomigranite Zin.Black Berry Merlot

Old 01-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Thanks

I appreciate the feed back. I will take your advice and let it sit. I need to drink a lot more to get all the bottles I need anyways. Any other kits of theirs you would recommend?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I've become somewhat of a DogFish Head junkie so if there is one that resembles any of their beers I would love to give it a shot.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Let me ask another question then. I poured the brew pot into the fermenter. It is just a bucket with an air tight lid. Now, I have anoter one with the spiget to hook my hose up too. When I read the instructions it only mentions one fermenter. After 7 days or so do I pour into the second fermenter or not?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
underwaterdan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimer View Post
Let me ask another question then. I poured the brew pot into the fermenter. It is just a bucket with an air tight lid. Now, I have anoter one with the spiget to hook my hose up too. When I read the instructions it only mentions one fermenter. After 7 days or so do I pour into the second fermenter or not?
You can move it(syphon) to that fermenter to bottle. I keg, but from my research, you can put your sugar and beer in that bucket, and hook up your hose and fill bottles with your filler.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
HuffDaddy
Recipes 

"I've become somewhat of a DogFish Head junkie so if there is one that resembles any of their beers I would love to give it a shot."

I was talking to my local bartender about their 60 and 90 minute IPAs this weekend. Apparently, their recipe is very involved. Essentially, they make a hops drop every minute for 60 or 90 minutes (depending on the type of IPA). I don't think you'll find any kits that will be that involved.

Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
1stTimer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Underwaterdan- Appreciate the help. Cant wait to give it a try. I cant stop watching the airlock bubble. Am I crazy or did everyone do this with their first batch?

HuffDaddy- I've been on more tours of that brewery than I can remember. Its only 40 mins from the house. Thing is I can never remember what they say because during the tasting they get you pretty buzzed. Just had their 120 IPA for the first time recently. Its amazing!!

Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 AM   #9
JoeMama
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My very first kit was a BB English Brown Ale and I was more than pleased with it (very very tasty beer - in fact I drank a very good portion of it green) It was amazing when it was ready though...

The only time you want to 'pour' your beer from one vessel to another is like you said - when its going from the brew pot to the primary. (Before the yeast is pitched) this helps aerate the wort cause the yeasties like that. Anything from here on out MUST be siphoned as you dont want to aerate your fermented beer (it will taste like wet cardboard) If you so choose you can secondary your beer provided you have another vessel to do so. NOT your bottling bucket though. Your bottling bucket should only hold the beer long enough to get it into your bottles - not as a secondary fermentation vessel.

My suggestion for you - leave it in the primary for at least 3 weeks to a month then transfer it to the bottling bucket for bottling. Let your bottled beers condition in the bottles for AT LEAST 3 weeks.
Then enjoy!
-Me

Oh yeah, even several batches in I still like to watch my airlock bubble (and smell it) its a part of the experience! Welcome to the obsession!

Ergo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I am.

Eggo Bibo Sum - I drink, therefore I waffle.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #10
Uncle Timmy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The BB American Nut Brown was my first brew ever. It came out fantastic. Definitely do not rush it though. Your patience will be rewarded.

Quick Reply