Last days to enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Tap, Rack Pull Pils

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
shamrockdoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Default Tap, Rack Pull Pils

Ok hello there longtime lurker here on the forums but i figured i get involved with the community so here it goes

Tap, Rack Pull Pils

this recipe has been tweaked a bit due to the fact that i do not have the facility to lager just yet so ill give you the list:
3.3 lbs. Plain Light Malt Extract
2 lbs. Plain Light Dry Malt Extract
12 oz. Red Wheat (norm Carapils)
1 Lb. Flaked Rice
1 oz. Perle Hops (Bittering)
1 oz. Saaz Hops (Finishing)
1 tsp. Irish moss (added last 25 min of boil)
5 oz. Priming Sugar
Lager yeast San Fran Lager Yeast WLP810 (this can be fermented at Ale temp)
OG=1.046
Just moved this to the secondary fermentor and it looks great a lil amberish but good. My question is this does the red wheat have an effect on the overall color? I'm really excited about this one and will be updating you as far as taste and what have you. Ok with that in mind im still learning and apartment brewing as of now so please ask questions, flame and/or offer some brew-sage-like advice. Also this came from a Pilsner recipe so is it still a Pils or should I change the title?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
shamrockdoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Shameless self-bump just to let you know I'm brewing Kidney Punch tonight.....I can't stop .....i dunno if I want to

KEGGED: MK Ultra Cascadian Dark Ale, 10 & Everett Wit

If you're in trouble, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....Then maybe you can hire.... THE A TEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I certainly hope they won't give me a hand job to see if I have a bomb tied to my junk .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply