*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Suggestions for a pumpkin ale for the fall

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Doliss
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Suggestions for a pumpkin ale for the fall

I am a big fan of most of the Sam Adams brews, the seasonals in particular. Last year the pumpkin spice ale they had in the fall was fantastic. I couldn't keep any at the house for any extended period of time so I'm looking for something that I can make here at home.

Has anyone tried that brew or have suggestions for a good spicy pumpkin ale? I actually enjoyed the stronger spice flavor in it, has enough of that spice to feel like a fall holiday.

Pretty new to brewing but the couple brews that I have made have been extract. I have a brewer's best irish stout that I plan on starting to be ready for late fall/winter and have the white house honey ale and honey porter that are carbing in bottles right now. I see a pumpkin ale kit on Midwest supplies. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/pumpkin-ale.html

Haven't found much more around than that, I'm open to any suggestions from y'all. Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
poseidon9447
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I did the brewers best pumpkin porter in the fall (drinking one now). I would recommend that kit. It is a nice mellow porter very smooth and has the best pumpkin spice flavor in a beer I have had. I went around and bought a sample bottle of every pumpkin beer they sold around town (had to tried about 10 varieties, poor me). The kit is really easy, it is just a basic kit with a pumpkin spice pack to season it with. There is no real pumpkin in it but that wouldn't give much flavor anyway. http://www.southernhomebrew.com/brbepuspposb.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply