The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > stainless conical fermenter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBBaron
I don't have experience with a conical but I understand needing to ferment in a different location from your brew/bottling area.
The Fermenator has optional casters that can be used to move the fermenter if desired.
The 7 gal fermenter could probably be carried like you do your carboys or buckets.
Also there is no reason you could not just transfer the wort and finished beer in buckets and leave the fermenter in the closet.
I think I will move to kegging before I get a conical. That would save and steps when bottling because I could just transfer to the corny right in the closet.

Craig
My 14.5 Blichmann's are heavier that hell when full. . .I don't recommend ever moving them full if you can help it. I leave my fermenters right where they are. I pump into them and keg out of them, and clean them in place.

--------------------------------------------------------
On Draft: Old, Stale, Oxidized beer

Holding tanks:Sold
Conical #1:Sold
Bottles: Nichts
On Deck:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply