Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Spicing up a simple hefeweizen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
Pratzie
Fill It Up Again!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 153 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I did a Hefe a few months back as well. I used a starter and it fermented all the way thru and held at the same temp in my garage on the concrete floor so i didn't notice a drop. What i did notice, was tasting when bottling. It was obviously flat but had a very mild spice profile. Bottle that bastard up and give it three weeks before u crack one depending on the ambient temp where u'll be bottle conditioning. Hefe are normally highly carbed and take a little while to get that spice profile to come about. After two weeks I still had a flat hefe with a sub par profile but just after the three week mark the next bottle i popped was perfect.

Either way RDWHAHB, time is very forgiving with brew as im sure u'll come to find out.

Secondary: Empty
Aging:
On Deck: Deception Cream Stout, BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde, Yooper's Oatmeal Stout, Joe's Ancient Orange Mead, Reaper's Mild

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
racin_ny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Rdwhahb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachmaelBenApplebaum View Post
Robbed the cradle tonight. Chilled one and popped it. Not as carbed as it could be (duh) but sufficient. Has a fantastic spiciness and clove flavor/aroma with just the subtlest hint of banana and tropical fruit. It seems the brew came out great in spite of not keeping it at a constant temperature the whole time. Very smooth, better than I expected, looking forward to the rest of the batch aging. Prost!
LOL Reading this reminded me of when I first started brewing back in the early 90's. Always worried ( Even though Charlie P told me not to) always rushing things. And I always made good beer. Now they sit in the fermenter for a couple months before I get around to kegging and it's even better beer. Granted my process has changed and the ingredients are of better quality. I guess RDWHAHB really does work! Congratulations!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply