Siphon Holder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badnaam

Reaction score
Does anyone have ideas around how to attach a siphon equipment (easy siphon) to the fermenter while siphoning into the secondary or bottling bucket? This would make my bottling tasks much easier and I can do it just by myself. Any ideas/pics/tips appreciated.

Is your secondary a bucket or carboy?

For carboys, I set my autosiphon to the desired depth and the clip a springed clothespin on it (it barely fits around it), and that keeps it from slipping further in (that's what she said).

I jam a paring knife down the neck of the carboy and wedge the auto siphon in there with it.

I use a 2" plastic spring clamp around the autosiphon to keep it from dropping all the way to the bottom of the carboy.

I'm glad I"m not the only one that wants to see a plastic bucket clip for the auto-siphon. I have one that'll hold 3/8" rigid hose (came with my old beer kit) and it works great for the drain-side of the siphon hose.

but it'd be nice to clip the auto-siphon to the bucket at a height that won't suck up trub.

cubbies said:
Me too, always have. I spend hours on brewday to make good beer...I can find 10 minutes to hold my siphon.

I always invite a friend who's interested in learning about home brewing!!!!

"Here hold this....this is one of the most important steps!! Drop it and the whole world of beer will rain hate down upon you!!!!!!!"

I have a pet dog that has been specially trained to not only hold the siphon, but also to calculate the estimated fg for me. (Tip: be sure to sanitize your dog thoroughly!)

(Sorry I couldn't help it, I also like to hold mine and watch to make sure no big globs of trub or anything else float in)

Back