Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Second batch

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
bel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Second batch

My first batch(brewers best iPa) has been in the primary for 9 days. I was going to rack to a secondary but based on all of the feedback on this site, I'm going to leave it in the primary until I keg. That being said, I have an extra car boy so I'm looking for suggestions on a good extract spring beer recipe. I would like a recipe that yields 6/8% abv. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 18

How big is the carboy? If it is a 5 gallon usually used for secondary it will not have enough room for a 5 gallon batch of beer to ferment,but you could get away with EdWorts Apfelwein. If the carboy is 6 or 6.5 gallons go for a Blonde,Irish Red or an IPA

Old 02-14-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
bel
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for getting back to me. I decided to go ahead and rack into secondary which is 5 gal car boy. Made the decision based on the fact that I'm kegging and my HBS owner recomended this. Either way, I can boil another batch in about a week. Probably going to have to get another secondary. Hoping to have two kegs on tap at a time.

Quick Reply