The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Ready for Bottling?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
badnaam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ready for Bottling?

My Pliny has been dry hopping for 2 weeks now and FG wise it seems to be ready for bottling. Though when I peek through the hole on my bucket's lid, I see that there is a layer of hops at the top (I just poured the hop pellets through the hole for dry hopping). This layer has been like this for the last 3-4 days.

What shall I do? Will it ever settle? Shall I go ahead and bottle? Is this some kinda infection?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
brewt00l
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badnaam
My Pliny has been dry hopping for 2 weeks now and FG wise it seems to be ready for bottling. Though when I peek through the hole on my bucket's lid, I see that there is a layer of hops at the top (I just poured the hop pellets through the hole for dry hopping). This layer has been like this for the last 3-4 days.

What shall I do? Will it ever settle? Shall I go ahead and bottle? Is this some kinda infection?

Thanks

sounds like just what you say, a layer of hops. Rack it leaving those hops behind and rock on

Old 05-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
DragonTail

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 21

You'll be fine. Just rack to your bottling bucket as normal. The hops will stay in the bucket. If any fine hop particles do make it to your bottles, it will settle out with the yeast during conditioning.
Cheers,

Michael Herrenbruck
Herrenbruck Brewery
L.C.Q. Racing

Quick Reply