Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Rasberry wheat changed to Blackberry wheat

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 02:57 AM   #31
Grasslands
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That might be the case...I know I've done it before. I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I kegged the blueberry wheat this evening. I'll post a picture of my pint whenever carbonation sets in. Probably about a week to a week and a half.

GrassLands Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
JDennis
Recipes 

I was one who sampled it at the party. I really doesn't taste a bit like beer It reminded me a lot flavor wise of say a flavored water or something like that. Very faint fruit taste and not much else. No hops, no malt. It was actually pretty refreshing though. I wouldn't have realized I was drinking anything alcoholic if I hadn't already known. I think the wives will enjoy it.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 AM   #33
Tlylebrew
Recipes 

Yeah the chicks will dig this one!!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #34
Grasslands
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No picture, but I will update the group. The blueberry wheat has actually been quite the crowd pleaser. 1 oz of Northern Brewer hops matched with 3 lbs of blueberry puree makes this a well-balanced wheat beer. Let me know if you want the (extract) recipe.

GrassLands Brewery

Old 08-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #35
leavitt87
Recipes 

Now that I think about it Tlylebrew, I never did ask what your wheat recipe was, in particular, how many ounces or hops you were using. If you didn't use enough bittering hops to balance out the sweetness of the fruit you could definitely end up with a wine cooler. Although, it's not bad to have this on hand for the ladies. Sounds like it doesn't have a strong alcohol taste but I bet it's stronger than any wine cooler they've ever had

Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #36
Tlylebrew
Recipes 

I would say it has a bit of a kick, but I am definately used to drinking higher gravity brews, so this one is a sipper for me. I do think a bit more hops would of benefited this beer, and less fruit.

Quick Reply