Come enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Pumpkin Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
docpat1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pumpkin Ale

Hi, I'm a newb to home brewing. I've made 2 batches of pumpkin ale based on a recipe from Midwest. I have a chemistry background and grew up in a restaurant so I can follow a recipe and keep things clean. Anyhow, I know adding in brown sugar can make it a "thinner" ale, but I also got a taste, a tang, if you will. Is that normal with pumpkins, especially using LME and partial mash? Is there a secret to making it creamier? Do I need to go to al grain? Oh, was using one step, and some stuff I rinsed quick, but not everything if I remember right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
docpat1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Oh, my wife had crockpotted the pumpkin and she froze the punkin juice to use to cool the wort. Also has used ice in the first batch. Maybe picked up a strain of sumtin sumtin?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply