New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Prima Pils

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
csoult
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Prima Pils

Has anyone done the Victory Prima Pils clone frome Austin. If so how did it turn out?

One last question..... after starting this (it's my first lager) the fermentation started out real strong, but now after bringing it down to around 50 it has slowed considerably. I am assuming that this is typical because of the low temperatures but.... Is it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
jsherlock22
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoult
Has anyone done the Victory Prima Pils clone frome Austin. If so how did it turn out?

One last question..... after starting this (it's my first lager) the fermentation started out real strong, but now after bringing it down to around 50 it has slowed considerably. I am assuming that this is typical because of the low temperatures but.... Is it?
Just polished this brew off last night. One of the better beers I've made. I pitched low and let temp rise to 50. Dropping the temp will definitely slow fermentation. Was my first lager also. Pretty easy with temp control on the fermentation. Plenty of O2 and yeast made for a delicious beer. Taste wasn't dead on but that was on me. still phenomenal. Good luck.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
csoult
Recipes 

Thanks

Quick Reply