I brewed the same kit about 2 months ago and used the wlp001 yeast that they recommended on their website. I did a full boil for full hop utilization and made a 1L starter. Make sure you have a blow off instead of just an airlock because the fermentation will be very strong. It didn't ferment down to the expected FG so I ended up at 1.020 making the beer ~ 6.8% (2 weeks primary+ 2 weeks secondary). If I had to do it over, which I definitely will, I'd go with a 4L starter since it's such a big beer. Also, use a hop bag or you'll get tons of hop dregs. The final product was super hoppy and tasty but nothing like a Pliney. I just tell friends it's a dipa, not a clone.