Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Please help in satisfying SWMBO...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM   #21
Bluehaze
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I made up an extract recipe for a Watermelon ale that every lady (and a lot of men too) have gone crazy over. Their initial reaction was that watermelon and beer do not equate, but this light, slightly fruity and slightly hoppy ale is not only refreshing, and easy to drink, but a totally simple beer to make. I will post the recipe in here and my profile later on tonight.

Making brews that the SWMBO enjoys is half of the challenge and battle of this hobby/obsession, 'cause if momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy.

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-- Dave Barry

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #22
Bluehaze
Recipes 

Here is a link to the recipe, very basic and easy to brew. Holler if you have any questions.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f75/wate...9/#post1932208

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-- Dave Barry

Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #23
BennyN
Recipes 

+1 on the Hefe. I just brewed one using white labs hefeweizen yeast. It had very nice banana notes without being too sweet. It's easy too.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #24
mr_fungle
Recipes 

My SWMBO is not a beer drinker at all, but she really likes the wheat beer I make. It's nice and light with a hint of banana and citrus flavours.

Quote:
Wheat Beer O.G. 1.045
7lb Wheat Malt Extract
6 AAU Mt. Hood, Hallertau or Tettnang
Liquid wheat beer yeast culture
This is a light, refreshing summer beer, often served with a slice of lemon. For the distinctive clove and banana flavours of German wheat beers, use a liquid yeast culture.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #25
breadbohn
Recipes 

Same issue here - SWMBO "does not like beer." I brewed up a batch of the "Itsok Kolsch" in Papazian's book, and turns out she enjoys it. It was even hit with her mother.

There's nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear
Than to stand at the bar in a pub with no beer.
- Australian folk song

Old 03-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #26
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6190 Times on 5383 Posts
Likes Given: 767

I always find that a long foreplay session helps........oh wait. sorry, what was the question

I agree with the rest of the people - figure out what tastes shes likes and then find something that matches it....

Quick Reply