Hope all is going well. Attached is my first draft of the pecan pie porter recipe. I put it into hopville and the og is 1.065 fg 1.016. 28.5 IBU's 6.5%ABV. Let me know what you all think.
Thanks in advance!
Pecan Pie Porter
6.6 pounds Briess Golden Light LME
1 pound Briess Golden light DME
1 pound 2 Row Malt
½ pound biscuit Malt
½ pound Caramel / 120L Malt
½ pound Chocolate Malt
½ Brown Sugar
1 ½ pound Crushed and Roasted Pecans
Hops and Spices
.5oz Galena Hops (Bittering)
.5oz Hallertauer (Flavoring)
.5oz Fuggle (Aroma)
1tsp. Vanilla Extract
1tsp Irish Moss
Nottingham Dry Yeast
1. Steep ½ pound of the pecans with the 2 row, biscuit, caramel, and chocolate malt in 2 ½ gallons of 150 degree water for 1 hour.
2. Sparg the grains with ½ gallon of 150 degree water.
3. Bring to a boil and add the remaining malts and brown sugar. Once the wort returns to a rolling boil add the Galena Hops (bittering) and 1 pound of the crushed pecans.
4. After 40min add the Hallertauer hops (Flavoring) and the irish moss.
5. After 15min add the Fuggle hops (Aroma)
6. After 5min turn off the heat and add the Vanilla.
7. Chill and add the yeast.
8. Primary 7 days and secondary 14days.