LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
seano32b
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrecords View Post
I was thinking about it the other day and thought a pear ale could be a tasty creation, however I wasn't really sure how many pears I would need to use and when I should add them. I've heard that adding them to the secondary is a good time. I guess I was just thinking about adding the pears to a pale ale recipe. Any input? thanks
I added my pears to a blonde ale. I added 5 lbs of Asian pears in the 2nd fermentation bucket. I sliced them through a food processor, froze them overnight, let sit at room temperature for about 8 hours, then added to the 2nd fermentation bucket. When I bottled, I poured the 2nd fermentation bucket into the bottling bucket, through a strainer. I am left in bottles for about three weeks and just put them in the fridge two days ago. I will be trying them today. In the interim, I have opened about three and they have a wine flavor, which has diminished over time, but there is still a cider taste. Now that they have been in the fridge, I will see if there is a further change.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply