Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Extract Brewing (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/)
-   -   Pardon me while I brag on my freaking awesome brew... (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/pardon-me-while-i-brag-my-freaking-awesome-brew-414894/)

iamwhatiseem 06-05-2013 07:45 PM

Pardon me while I brag on my freaking awesome brew...
 
I am so freakin proud right now...I just cracked open the first bottle after proper conditioning time and OH MY GOD...this beer is freaking amazing!!
I used an all Chinook hop recipe from NB - I was skeptical on the choice of hops, all Chinook? But holy crap is this good. Best beer I have made yet.
My 4th brew (5th in carboy) so I am feeling pretty good about myself right now.
Next up is my first partial mash...

:tank::rockin:

brewcephus 06-05-2013 07:59 PM

I brewed this one as well about 2 months ago. It is a very good beer. I only have about 15 left :(... wish I would have made a double batch of it.

PistolsAtDawn 06-05-2013 07:59 PM

One day you will look back on this moment and realize that this was the day that your hobby started getting really expensive... and really enjoyable.

All-grain brewing is oh so much more involved, but also there is so much more satisfaction in knowing that you produced great beer from raw ingredients.

iamwhatiseem 06-05-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PistolsAtDawn (Post 5251535)
One day you will look back on this moment and realize that this was the day that your hobby started getting really expensive... and really enjoyable.

All-grain brewing is oh so much more involved, but also there is so much more satisfaction in knowing that you produced great beer from raw ingredients.

Yeah...I have about $650 in it now after getting the kegreezer setup.
Then comes 2nd brew pot/burner....plumbing...

TrickyDick 06-05-2013 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamwhatiseem

Yeah...I have about $650 in it now after getting the kegreezer setup.
Then comes 2nd brew pot/burner....plumbing...

Then comes one of these...

There is no end in sight, just like any great hobby!

GrogNerd 06-05-2013 08:22 PM

brag on!

my first "holee crap, not just drinkable, it's GOOD!" moment happened almost 20 years ago, but I still remember it

NewWestBrewer 06-05-2013 08:42 PM

Yeah a buddy and myself just popped our first bottles last week and were very surprised as we had made a few mistakes along the way. We have already brewed up another 4 batches with another brew day next week. Needless to say our wives are not that impressed....

Uno 06-08-2013 02:47 AM

Congrats on a great beer :) That's about how I feel about this hobby too. The first one was drinkable, the next was good, and the rest I have greatly enjoyed.

Cyclman 06-08-2013 03:41 AM

Congrats, this is exactly how an addiction to homebrewing begins.

iamwhatiseem 06-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclman (Post 5258704)
Congrats, this is exactly how an addiction to homebrewing begins.

I figured I was hooked when I started dreaming about making beer.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.