Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Ordered two more kits tonight.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
NateG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Ordered two more kits tonight.

Hi I'm Nathan, sorta newish here and to brewing, my first kit was a Northern Brewer American Wheat beer kit which I like a lot and went very well. I have also done a small batch of Cider which is currently aging in bottles. Since my first brew I have aquired a turkey frier and I have a 5 gallon Pyrex glass carboy, which I actually used for the cider. I just went and ordered two more kits tonight, I ordered another wheat beer kit and a Nut Brown Ale kit from NorthernBrewer. I got the brown ale kit because it has a bit more involved and I like brown ales With these kits I am going to try full boils adding half the extract at the start and I am also going to try doing a secondary fermentation on the brown ale and maybe the wheat as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2131 Times on 1862 Posts
Likes Given: 1573

I just bought ingredients for 2 more batches yesterday as well. My wifes gunna make another batch of her summer shandy that came out really well. I'll be making another batch of my sunset gold APA,but with Ahtanum & Sterling this time. That'll be probably next weekend. I don't bother with secondary myself,unless I'm racking onto oak or fruit,etc. Less chance of oxidation,& each racking looses a little beer. I like browns myself,dead guy being my favorite.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
JBrooks
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateG View Post
Hi I'm Nathan, sorta newish here and to brewing, my first kit was a Northern Brewer American Wheat beer kit which I like a lot and went very well. I have also done a small batch of Cider which is currently aging in bottles. Since my first brew I have aquired a turkey frier and I have a 5 gallon Pyrex glass carboy, which I actually used for the cider. I just went and ordered two more kits tonight, I ordered another wheat beer kit and a Nut Brown Ale kit from NorthernBrewer. I got the brown ale kit because it has a bit more involved and I like brown ales With these kits I am going to try full boils adding half the extract at the start and I am also going to try doing a secondary fermentation on the brown ale and maybe the wheat as well.
Ever since I started I have always done a secondary, on chats Im seeing most people dont even bother so try both if you can....
Bottled-- Bevarian Wheat
Drinking-- Warrior IPA, Blonde Ale, Sunset Wheat

Quick Reply