Originally Posted by flywatt
I had the same concern. I brewed my first batch of American Amber Ale on Saturday, and it stopped bubbling today. After reading this, my mind is at peace! I can't wait. The instructions provided recommended to transfer to secondary after 4-5 days. Would the experienced recommend I wait longer? Thanks!
Yep. I'd say wait three weeks then either bottle right from the primary or go to secondary for a week or two if you want.
This being your first batch, you may have a stroke trying to wait that long (we were all there once too) so if you can manage 3 or 4 days past when the gravity stabilizes and then go to secondary you'll be doing just fine.