Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > northern style Best Bitter kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
CButterworth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default northern style Best Bitter kit

Hi,

I am looking for a US available kit for a northern England style best bitter. I have seen kits for Best Bitter, but want to avoid the London style bitters, which I personally always found more "watery" in spite of having once lived a stone's throw from the Fuller's Chiswick Brewery in London.

Are there any kits that produce a more Theakston-like best bitter?

Thanks,
Charlie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
RMS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I cannot add anything here from experience, but I am brewing my first home brew batch of the Muntons Yorkshire Bitter, and I added 3 cups of light DME to the LME kit and 3 cups of corn sugar. So I am hoping the addition of the DME will make it fuller tasting. I just bottled them up a few days ago and I may try one in a week.

But I did look at a all grain recipe kit of a Theakston Best Bitter Style and doing a conversion of it to an extract kit seems to leave it weak as well, this was the kit I looked at:
http://www.worcesterhopshop.co.uk/pr...products_id=86

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply