Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Noobie finishes two batches wants to start another

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #11
Ecnerwal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'd say you can go wrong with a pumpkin ale <shudder>, but since 180 likes the idea, 'tis a moot point. I will put in a vote for brewing things that appeal to you, and not, say, making IPA's if you're not a hop head (I'm not, and so I don't).

Dark beer, or specifically Guinness? Guinness is (IMHO, at least as exported to the states - I hear it may be different at home) a fairly thin and bitter member of the dark beers, many of which are more robust and less bitter. I love Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout, personally.

Pretty much any porter/stout sort of thing should be good - winter is coming on. By March or so, think ahead to brews for drinking in summertime.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
GearBeer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'll second your sentiment about North American import Guinness. The Guinness that I got in Germany and Ireland was MUCH better.

For a quality Guinness in this country, reach for an Extra Stout!

Kyle

Old 09-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #13
1EightT
Recipes 

I should have clarified the Guinness point lol. When I was in the UK/ Germany, etc the Guinness was much better than the American stuff. I do enjoy dark stouts, oatmeal stouts, etc. Might be good for a nice winter beer. The pumpkin ale might be a good idea for thanksgiving, but i'm not sure how much I will enjoy it beyond that.

Quick Reply