Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Noob color question....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
maxamuus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default Noob color question....

Only brewed two batches so far. First was a Hefe and it came out darker then any hefe i have drank commercially. I am guessing this is because of the liquid malt extract being fairly dark?

If i want to brew a lighter colored Hefe would DME make it lighter colored? Is brewing with Dry much different then with Liquid?

(Someday hope to make the jump to All grain but want to learn the basics first)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Do a search for late extract addition and you will find plenty of info. There's a bunch of threads on this here.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply