Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > New Batch Suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
barkscruff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default New Batch Suggestions?

Now that the temp has cooled off a bit it's time for me to start brewing again. I don't dig saisons so I haven't been able to brew since around May / June because it gets too warm in my house (northeast).

I have been brewing for 2+ years and thus far have only done extract kits from Northern Brewer. I have also created my own recipes using syrup & specialty grains. I am trying to decide what to make for my next batch. I probably wont get a chance to brew until the last weekend in September, so this batch wont be ready until mid November. Any suggestions? I have pretty much been sticking to stouts, porters, and IPA's since those are my favorites. I have been thinking of doing an amber ale, or American pale ale, but also want to hear some rec's.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
ChrisE248
Recipes 

I just bottled a vanilla porter--which I brewed an inexpensive porter kit from Midwest and racked on top of 3 vanilla beans that were soaked in vodka. Should be able to ready to taste in a couple of weeks.

Also getting ready to transfer a dark Christmas ale to secondary to be spiced with ginger/orange and cinnamon.

Just tasted an Autumn Ale (amber) that finished bottle conditioning from Jasper's--its just OK. I prefer an Irish red for everyday drinking.

Havent tried Northern Brewer's kits yet. I was looking at their Cherry Stout. Is that one that you have tried?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

An Amber Ale with pumpkin pie spices? Perfect for november. Stouts and Porters perfect for the fall as well. Stouts/ IPA's are my favorite. Maybe a Pumpkin Porter? Do you like Belgian beers? A dubbel or triple maybe? A nice pale ale would be quick, but I think those will be better for spring time. I thought about including some wheat into an IPA, since Lagunitas' Lil Sumpin Sumpin has wheat in their IPA, and it is fantastic.

Quick Reply