Need a blonde ale recipe for the beach!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonabb

Reaction score
OK, aside from my wife and I, the rest of the family that heads to the Outer Banks in July is beer illiterate. We usually imbide on tons of Corona on the beach due to the amount we can pound. Anyway, I'm looking to take something these clowns can drink that will be good, but not overpower their Bud-drenched beer sensibilities.

Would prefer something with grains or even a partial mash.

<----

look in my recipes

oops didnt even notice this was in the extract forum. I can do the conversion for you to extract when I get home unless someone else beats me to it

Well, if I had ProMash or some other method of convering an AG to extract I'd be set! There was a recipe from EdWort called Haus Ale or something but that too was AG.

If anyone can convert, please post!

Also, can I assume these will mature quickly?

Where do you go on the Outer Banks? I have a place in Southern Shores... also looking for something to brew to take down there with my group over Fourth of July...

zonabb said:
Well, if I had ProMash or some other method of convering an AG to extract I'd be set! There was a recipe from EdWort called Haus Ale or something but that too was AG.

If anyone can convert, please post!

Also, can I assume these will mature quickly?

You can get an evaluation version from their website...is limited..but you could try it before you buy it...Beersmith has a free 21 day evaluation also...

-JMW

We head to Rodanthe, halfway between Nags Head and Hatteras (the lighthouse). Awesome and not crowded at all.

Thanks for the ProMash info and extract breakdowns. Awesome.

my parents had a cottage in Cape Hatteras many years ago. Too bad I never got to go down there when I was of age.

As for the blonde, Jamil has a pretty good podcast covering this very style.

BeachBumDeac said:
Where do you go on the Outer Banks? I have a place in Southern Shores... also looking for something to brew to take down there with my group over Fourth of July...

.:off: i also have a place in southern shores, i was there last week, it snowed

Surfman said:
.:off: i also have a place in southern shores, i was there last week, it snowed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Southern Shores" on the northern most end of the Outer Banks?!!:confused:

No matter, it's a great place to be!!!

zonabb said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Southern Shores" on the northern most end of the Outer Banks?!!:confused:

No matter, it's a great place to be!!!

corolla is the northern most but southern shores is close. if youre there check out outer banks brewing station and chips wine and beer

Surfman said:
corolla is the northern most but southern shores is close. if youre there check out outer banks brewing station and chips wine and beer
or get some Weeping Radish beer... good stuff.

Does Brewing Station make their own brews?

Chimone said:
As for the blonde, Jamil has a pretty good podcast covering this very style.
How is that one? I was planning on making it this weekend. Apparently it is close to a lager in taste, which would be good for a lot of people who aren't fond of my Porter and Stouts.

Back