Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > NB The Number 8 Extract Kit....banana?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
vicratlhead51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBrods22 View Post
This #8 is one of the brews I am doing this weekend. I have been kegging but aster reading these posts I will bottle it and let it age.

In my past batches I have been using the carb drops(like a cough drop) but would like to make the move to Priming sugar (corn).

Can someone tell the the +'s and -'s?
The nice thing about sugar vs the drops is you have a little more control over carbonation. You can use more or less for higher or lower carbonation. Beersmith has a little tool that can tell you how much sugar to use. The only con to sugar is one I haven't experienced yet but sometimes the sugar water doesn't mix evenly with the brew when racking making it so you can have overcarbed or undercarbed bottles. Some people say give it a gentle stir when done racking if you're worried about this but just the movement from racking seems to work fine for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
triangulum33
Whenever it feels right!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've brewed this one too. Made a big starter and it only got to 1.020. Ended very sweet with raisin and banana flavors. I believe because the OG was so high and I didn't aerate as well as I should've led to the sweetness.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Meine Keezer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply