Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Nailed the Fat Tire clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #11
Caplan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by budbo
I'll be in Paris 23-30 June and Germany the following week Cap.. Take a chunnel ride I'll bring you some or mail them from there
Sorry Budbo, almost missed your reply! I wouldn't worry about posting brews to me. You haven't mentioned if it's a business or pleasure trip but either way enjoy the Paris 'atmosphere' (Get up early if you plan on a little 'site seeing' i.e. going up the Eiffel Tower etc - a work colleague of mine was there this weekend with his French Girlfriend and the queues were horrendous - but not as horrendous as the Restaurant Prices apparently!)
Germany is obviously a Beer 'Heaven on Earth' (See HB_99! - I can be nice about the Germans!!!! ) and the added bonus is you'll be able to try and mingle in with the World Cup Crowds too while you're there!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
budbo
Beer is good
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caplan
Germany is obviously a Beer 'Heaven on Earth' (See HB_99! - I can be nice about the Germans!!!! ) and the added bonus is you'll be able to try and mingle in with the World Cup Crowds too while you're there!
Not a big fan of France or the French Myself.. (We go there for the wife) In Germany, I'll be drinking more wine than Beer . We are staying with my Aunt in Johannsburg which is on the Rhine in the middle of the Rhinegau(sp) There are vinyards everywhere there and the wine is dirt cheap at the vineyard shops. My favorite Reisling is from a vineyard near her house, they are a small family operation so they don't export (at least to the US)

Old 05-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #13
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

I bottle my Lazy Monk this weekend. I'm interested in seeing how close or far from Fat Tire it really is. I drank several Tires over the weekend, and I'm still not as impressed with it as some people are. There are plenty of beers I like a lot more. I'm not dissing the Tire, I just think there's a little overhype about it.

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Quick Reply