Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Munich lager extract

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
SAS98M
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Munich lager extract

Got a few questions-I got a Munich lager extract kit(from Homebrew Heaven) for Christmas-Brewed it up and pitched yeast on the14th,after 2 days(air lock bubbling right along) put the primary bucket in the basement to go at about 52 deg. checked tonight it's 45 deg where I put the bucket,the air lock isn't moving.The recipe states maybe 2-3 weeks depending on temp. could be needed for primary ferment--Is this true ? What should I expect at this point ? The recipe states 40-52 deg.is good for this yeast(and recipe),SG. was only 1.049 (is this ok ?)
What's the recommended primary and secondary condidtioning for this ??
This is my 1st run on the beer train and don't think I could've started with a more complex(step wise) recipe could I ?
I'm also perplexed as to bottling or kegging this batch-If it turns out well I'd like to share it(bottles) getting it into a corny in my beermeister would be the easiest(can't share as easy)--What'd ya think ?
Any input for a beginner(beerbrewer) would be appreciated.
I've done a bunch of hard ciders,strawberry wine,dandelion and plum wines that have turned out fantastic,grasping the beer thing shouldn't be too faroff.
I have the ingredients for that A.G. pale ale that's posted in the AG section that's gonna be put together this week end-that almost seems easier than the Lager steps. Thanks again. Shane

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 AM   #2
SAS98M
Recipes 

BUMP--- Anybody ?? Any input ?

Old 01-26-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Did you keep the fermenter at room temp for two days before you moved it down to the 50's? If so then fermentation might have completed in that time period.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #4
SAS98M
Recipes 

went about 36-40 hrs.then put it to bed,checked just a few mins ago. 50 deg.on the nose,air lock went blip,blip.so I suppose it's still goin'.I haven't touched the lid,so I don't know what's going on in there. Shane

p.s. keg or bottle,keg or bottle,keg or bottle ?? can't get it off my mind....

Quick Reply