Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Mango

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
Chadwell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mango

I was looking to introduce Mango into a 5 gallon batch of stout. I figure I'd need 4oz of pure extract. I found a web site on-line (not a HBS) that sold Mango extract:

http://www.olivenation.com/item-369/...7c352_a_7cEMG4

It contains propelyn glycol. Would that damage my batch? Think I should go with a mango puree instead? Any advice? I was going to just add at time of bottling/kegging with an extract similar to what I have done with Raspberry Wheats and Watermelon Ales in the past.

"Ingredients: natural mango extract with propelyn glycol."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Man. I thought this was going ot be a Chris Kattan tribute thread. So disappointing.

I don't know anything about that additive. But I think I'd tend to go with fresh fruit puree whenever possible.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Chadwell
Recipes 

haha, I thought of that potential for confusion when I created the topic. I even did the Chris Kattan "Mango" voice when I typed it in. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the reply. The problem I have with puree (I have used pumpkin before) is that I feel like it all settles to the bottom and the flavor isn't quite there. Probably user error...

Quick Reply