Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Making beer for a wedding!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #11
CityOChampBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBrewGuy89 View Post
Guess I should of elaborated on this a little more....there will be wine! And my fiancee's side of the family does not drink so only about 1/3 of the people there will drink and from that number you can split it between wine and beer so 20 gallons is plenty. The amount of beer is not my concern (I know how much I'll need) I am just looking for some insight as to what type would be a good choice?

You make a good point on the IPA....not to many people like them from my experience. I don't know what a "wit" is but I'll look into it!

My biggest concern is the labels though. How many of you guys label your beer? The prices I have found are like $300 to label 20 gallons of beer! Too much for my taste.

P.S. I'll be putting them in 12 oz bottles, so I guess around 200 labels
belgian wit.. commercial examples are blue moon or hoegaarden

And for as labeling... All I do is put colored dots on the cap to signify what the beer is and being as you are brewing for a wedding; you should have a bar tender and that technique should work for you if you so choose to use it
Kegged empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #12
Squ1rrel75
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Golden ale, pale ale, wit, Heferwizzen, brown ale. All very good very drinkable and not too fancy

Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #13
Jeffro74
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Just my own two cents... your instinct on cream ales is a good one. Girls will drink cream ales, and tipsy women make for an excellent reception

Hefe is a good choice, or a golden ale. Belgian wit or some other Weiss beer would work well, too...

Quick Reply