Originally Posted by david_42
Right. You should have kept the quantities for the specialty grains the same and converted the 2-row to extract.
That's what I thought I did; the conversion factor I used (from here
was .6 lb DME to each pound grain; that comes out to 6.9 pounds DME. BeerAlchemy said my OG would be too low, so I added DME until I was back at 1.068 OG. Despite that, I came in at 1.057.
Doing more research, I came across a different article on conversion
, which recommends eight pounds of DME.
I hope I'm not being needlessly obtuse here; I'm trying to figure out what I missed in my conversion.