Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Looking for an Extract/Mini Mash conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Jonnio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Looking for an Extract/Mini Mash conversion

Could someone that has the knowledge and/or software help me by converting Orfy's Boddington's recipe to either Extract or Mini Mash? I don't have the equipment to do an all grain yet, but I am really looking for a good English Pub replica.

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
cronxitawney
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I cannot pretend to have much knowledge on the subject, but you can replace the pale malt with a pale LME. From what I have read, the ratio is 1 lb grain = .75 LME. I believe Orfy's recipe calls for 3.3 KG of pale malt, which is approx. 7.26 lbs. Which would mean 7.26 * .75 = 5.45 lbs of liquid malt extract. The rest of the recipe consists of specialty malts, so those would still need to be mashed or steeped. I have only done 2 batches so far, so what I say may not be the best advice. Good luck anyway.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the response. I am looking at building the setup in the partial mash thread anyway, so this might be a good beer to try that with.

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Quick Reply