Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > levitation?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Thor the Mighty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 294
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default levitation?

has anyone made an extract clone of stone levitation? i searched the forum and found one thread only about how someone made one but not how it came out or what he used to make it. any help appreciated.

__________________

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Thor the Mighty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Thor the Mighty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 294
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

up? anyone?

__________________

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Thor the Mighty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Couevas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 480
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

It's good to see another Stone Fan. They are probably my favorite brewery.
I have a Ruination Clone in AG that I could convert to extract for you....but I have no Levitation. Sorry

__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man
Couevas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #4
Couevas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 480
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Ok. I did a little research on Stone's website. Here is my shot at a recipe. Try it and let me know.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Levitation Clone-Extract
Brewer: Chris Couevas
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: Extract
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.92 gal
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 15.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 45.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: - %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.36 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 85.90 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.01 %
0.25 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4.01 %
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.08 %
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.8 IBU
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.3 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (15 min) Hops 3.0 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (15 min) Hops 7.4 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-SteepHops -
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma HopHops -
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale


Mash Schedule: None
Total Grain Weight: 6.36 lb
----------------------------
Steep grains as desired (30-60 minutes)

__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man
Couevas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 12:55 AM   #5
blacklab
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 2,395
Liked 38 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I'm going to agree with Couevas recipes, as a starting point. You gotta show some restraint with the Chocolate or it will overpower the whole scene. I might go even skinnier on it.

That's levitation, homes!

__________________
blacklab is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
Couevas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 480
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
That's levitation, homes!
....with MIND BULLETS!

Good Stuff

I know, it will have a heavy roasty flavor. However, I was reading reviews on it and from memory, I remember it being a little sweet and quite roasty.
__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man
Couevas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #7
blacklab
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 2,395
Liked 38 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Cool. So Thor - you gonna guinea pig this one or what? Or are you wearing nunderwear today?

__________________
blacklab is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
Couevas
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Couevas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 480
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Anyone else as big of a Stone fan as I am? C'mon brothers...unite.

I have a case each of their Vertical Epics 060606 and 070707.

Trade anyone?

EDIT: And I will be aquiring a case of the 080808 here in a few weeks.

__________________
Crooked Horn Brewing Co.
BREWtality 2 Build Thread
"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill----brilliant man
Couevas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
blacklab
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
blacklab's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland, ME
Posts: 2,395
Liked 38 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I dig it. My BIL just moved to San Diego and has been Stoning like a madman. I think if they had better water to work with their stuff could be best in class.

__________________
blacklab is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2008, 02:39 AM   #10
Thor the Mighty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: california
Posts: 294
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couevas View Post
Anyone else as big of a Stone fan as I am? C'mon brothers...unite.

I have a case each of their Vertical Epics 060606 and 070707.

Trade anyone?

EDIT: And I will be aquiring a case of the 080808 here in a few weeks.
yeah i ordered 8 cases of it *see what i did there?* so that i can hold on to a case for myself and sell the rest. stone is by far the coolest vendor to work with!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
Cool. So Thor - you gonna guinea pig this one or what? Or are you wearing nunderwear today?
no nunderwear, i ran out of that. sippin some heathen hefe right now, with a taint bernardus cooling off. in the works is a hoegaarden clone (in primary) and that levitation clone. god i hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couevas View Post
Ok. I did a little research on Stone's website. Here is my shot at a recipe. Try it and let me know.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: Levitation Clone-Extract
Brewer: Chris Couevas
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Amber Ale
TYPE: Extract
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 6.92 gal
Estimated OG: 1.043 SG
Estimated Color: 15.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 45.4 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: - %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
5.36 lb Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM) Dry Extract 85.90 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 8.01 %
0.25 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 4.01 %
0.13 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 2.08 %
0.50 oz Simcoe [13.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.8 IBU
0.25 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 12.3 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (15 min) Hops 3.0 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (15 min) Hops 7.4 IBU
0.50 oz Crystal [3.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma Hop-SteepHops -
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [8.50 %] (0 min) (Aroma HopHops -
1.00 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10.0 min) Misc
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale


Mash Schedule: None
Total Grain Weight: 6.36 lb
----------------------------
Steep grains as desired (30-60 minutes)
damn thanks man ill get on this as soon as i have money.
__________________

You finally made it home! Draped in the flag that you fell for. And so it goes, the ashes of the wake!

Thor the Mighty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could use some help cloning levitation hungsolo Recipes/Ingredients 4 07-24-2009 02:58 AM
Hypothetical Stone Brewery Levitation-esque (extract) BrewN00b Recipes/Ingredients 0 06-16-2009 07:44 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS