Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Jawbreaker Wheat Pale Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Manus_Dei
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Jawbreaker Wheat Pale Ale

Has anyone brewed this kit from Midwest Supplies? There weren't a whole lot of comments regarding it on the Midwest website, but since I promised the lady I'd brew whichever one she picked off the site, I'm kind of stuck.

Just curious if anyone else has brewed it and could let me know what type of beer I'll be drinking in a few weeks once it's finished.

Thanks,
MD

Primary: Nothing
Secondary: Nothing
Bottled: White House Honey Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Solsun, Lime Zested Silver Lake Cream Ale, Two Hearted Clone, Jaw Breaker Wheat Pale Ale, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cranberry Apfelwein, Apricot Hefeweizen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Shenanigan
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I am also curious about this... it seems like it might be a clone or similar to gumball head...

Primary:
Secondary:
Bulk aging:Mango Wine
Bottled: Caribou Slobber (7/14), American Honey Orange Wheat (7/15), AHS Budget IPA, EdWorts Hause Pale ale, Irish Stout, my Haus Pale Ale, Apfelwein

Old 06-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Manus_Dei
Recipes 

Shenanigan, does Gumball Head have a hint of apricot flavor to it? The recipe doesn't say anything about adding flavored extract, but the kit came with a whole bottle of apricot flavoring.

So, if anyone has made it before, did they send you apricot flavoring too? I emailed Midwest about this and haven't heard back.

Bottled: White House Honey Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Solsun, Lime Zested Silver Lake Cream Ale, Two Hearted Clone, Jaw Breaker Wheat Pale Ale, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cranberry Apfelwein, Apricot Hefeweizen.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Shenanigan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manus_Dei
Shenanigan, does Gumball Head have a hint of apricot flavor to it? The recipe doesn't say anything about adding flavored extract, but the kit came with a whole bottle of apricot flavoring.

So, if anyone has made it before, did they send you apricot flavoring too? I emailed Midwest about this and haven't heard back.
Ehh I haven't had it for about a year but I don't remember any apricot flavor. Pine and grapefruit more is what I remember.

Thanks for replying. It looks like I'm going to stay away from this if it has apricot flavoring... Just sounds strange. I don't really want the flavors coming from a bottle

Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Caribou Slobber (7/14), American Honey Orange Wheat (7/15), AHS Budget IPA, EdWorts Hause Pale ale, Irish Stout, my Haus Pale Ale, Apfelwein

Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Manus_Dei
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigan View Post
Ehh I haven't had it for about a year but I don't remember any apricot flavor. Pine and grapefruit more is what I remember.

Thanks for replying. It looks like I'm going to stay away from this if it has apricot flavoring... Just sounds strange. I don't really want the flavors coming from a bottle
I will update you on whether it has apricot flavoring in it if I ever hear back from Midwest.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Manus_Dei
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenanigan View Post

The apricot flavoring was a mistake made in the warehouse. It was NOT intended for the kit. Hope that helps any future purchasing decisions.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
Shenanigan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manus_Dei View Post
The apricot flavoring was a mistake made in the warehouse. It was NOT intended for the kit. Hope that helps any future purchasing decisions.
cool thanks!

Primary:
Secondary:

Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
inter01
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Have it in secondary right now and just dry hopped. Bottling in a week and then trying the first one two weeks after that. When I took the stopper off the hop, smelled some faint grapefruit, but not overpowering. Can update once I try!

Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
Shenanigan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter01
Have it in secondary right now and just dry hopped. Bottling in a week and then trying the first one two weeks after that. When I took the stopper off the hop, smelled some faint grapefruit, but not overpowering. Can update once I try!
Great, looking forward to your update!

Primary:
Secondary:

Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #10
Manus_Dei
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter01 View Post
I'm looking forward to your update as well. I just moved mine to secondary tonight and it had a faint smell of grapefruit like you said.

Quick Reply