Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Imperial Red Ale

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
ksubowman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Imperial Red Ale

I am getting ready to brew up a batch of Fultons Libertine Imperial Red Ale from Midwest. The directions say bottle condition 6-8 weeks and the box says 6 months. Anyone brew this kit. I am wanting to do a big red ale but it has to be ready by October 1. I am open to suggestions on a beer that is different but not to hoppy that could please the masses. Any suggestion would be appricated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
StompingClover
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When looking at Midwest instructions, the paper instructions tend to give a shorter time and usually refer to when the beer is drinkable. The box usually has the suggested time for maximizing the beer.

If you're looking for a good red. Midwest's Irish Red kit is a very good beer. I added honey to the boil to increase the ABV. Turned out great and most of my friends love it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply