Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > IMPERIAL IPA. Whos got the best recipe?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 216
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default IMPERIAL IPA. Whos got the best recipe?

Hey yal just realized that an imperial ipa is my new fav beer( taste like wort smells to me) Any suggestions for a partial grain extract recipe? BeerBless!

__________________
BuddyBrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
eon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corvallis, OR, Oregon
Posts: 452
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Here's a couple to start off with:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/hop-...ial-ipa-24919/

and

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/tits...-silver-92914/

__________________

You must brew the beer you want to see in this world.

eon is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 216
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon View Post
Yah?? Thanks brother from the IL state.
__________________
BuddyBrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
eon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Corvallis, OR, Oregon
Posts: 452
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

No Problem!

__________________

You must brew the beer you want to see in this world.

eon is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
nikkormat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 125
Default

I've got a great double IPA recipe if you're interested, I'll try to remember to post it later but I gotta head out to take a linguistics final at the moment

__________________
nikkormat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
humann_brewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the sun
Posts: 15,689
Liked 311 Times on 309 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default

Even within this one sub-style there is a lot of variance. So why don't you try telling us what it is you like about IIPAs or some specific examples possibly.

__________________
humann_brewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 216
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
Even within this one sub-style there is a lot of variance. So why don't you try telling us what it is you like about IIPAs or some specific examples possibly.
hmmm Beer Concentrate? maybee. not really experienced enough to know or be able to explain. Im just gonna keep trying and brewing all the different recipes unitl i figure out what i like, you know.
__________________
BuddyBrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 216
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkormat View Post
I've got a great double IPA recipe if you're interested, I'll try to remember to post it later but I gotta head out to take a linguistics final at the moment
Yah hook it up and when you get a chance.
__________________
BuddyBrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
octo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 196
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntsandbeers View Post
hmmm Beer Concentrate? maybee. not really experienced enough to know or be able to explain. Im just gonna keep trying and brewing all the different recipes unitl i figure out what i like, you know.
You like IIPAs but you dont know what you like about them? judging by your name you probably like the dank hops. Are you inspired by asheville beers? You may be able to contact the local breweries to you and inquire to their ingredients and get a guideline to get what you want in your IIPAs, since there a bunch of excellent breweries around where you live.
__________________
octo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: asheville, nc
Posts: 216
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octo View Post
You like IIPAs but you dont know what you like about them? judging by your name you probably like the dank hops. Are you inspired by asheville beers? You may be able to contact the local breweries to you and inquire to their ingredients and get a guideline to get what you want in your IIPAs, since there a bunch of excellent breweries around where you live.
haha. Dank hops..... Yes def very good beer here in ASh but not any IIPAs, a good friend of mine had turned me on to some of the commercial ones saying that they were his favvorite beers and i was instantly hooked. I mean whats not to like with 100% more hops and 50% more malts.
__________________
BuddyBrews is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with basic Imperial IPA KAMMEE Extract Brewing 20 06-18-2010 12:16 AM
Need help with imperial peach wheat recipe fitz9001 Extract Brewing 6 05-25-2010 03:25 AM
Imperial Stout Recipe Oak kinkothecarp Extract Brewing 2 04-25-2010 08:56 PM
Imperial Stout recipe recommendation Graeme Extract Brewing 4 09-21-2009 11:03 PM
Looking for good Imperial IPA recipe/clone! JOHN51277 Extract Brewing 3 08-19-2009 03:50 AM