How would you do this kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakuluke

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a coopers European lager kit and I have the following 500g of extra light malt extract 1kg of brewing sugar a fermenting bucket with lid and a fermenting bucket with air lock and enough bottles I just want to know what ways people will do this time is not a factor for me so I can take as Long as possible to do it please Include temperatures length of primary and secondary when to bottle how much sugar to carb with and what proportions of sugar to light malt extract to use?

Thanks a lot

Being a true lager,it must be fermented at some 50F. But look at the round instruction pamphlet in the false lid. Read page 7 for lager instructions.

Yeah thanks I just wanted to know what others would recommend I.e leaving it in the fermenter longer and how much malt extract people would use

I'm still a newbie here, so listen to Unionrdr's advice before mine ;) .
I have been using mostly Coopers kits and their malts though. If I had that to work with I would personally use the tin of Lager, all (500g) of your DME, and say about 200g of the sugar to make a 16L batch. I've found using much sugar (dextrose) makes for a thin feeling beer with kind of a cider taste. Doing it as a 16L batch will get you about 4.8%abv (including bottle priming) which I think of as the 'standard' amount from most commercial lager's here.
As for time/temperature for a lager I'm not sure...
Anyways, hope that helped a bit :)

When lagers are nearly done fermenting,they have to be lagered at just above freezing to slowly finish fermenting the beer for that clean crisp flavor.
Several weeks in fact. Try searching for lager threads on here. It's been discussed sevral times. I'm just getting into formulating such recipes,while some others brew a lot of lagers.

Back