HI, THE KITS I USE MAKE 6 GAL. OF BEER /5 IMPERIAL GAL IF IN CANADA OR UK BUTmost
kits contain 3.75 lb. malt, but they need more.
...but what should you add? ...and how much?
We give you 6 different options:
1. None - Maybe you plan to purchase something special, or you already have something to use.
2. 2.2lb Dextrose - Lowest "finished beer cost." It makes a extra-light-bodied (thin) beer.
3. 2.2lb Brew Enhancer 1 - Blended dextrose and maltodextrine. Makes light-bodied beer.
4. 1.75lb Brew Enhancer 1.5 - Blended Malt Extract and Dextrose. For moderate strength and body.
5. 2.2lb Brew Enhancer 2 - Blended Malt Extract, dextrose, and maltodextrine. Moderately full-bodied.
6. 3.3lb Malt Extract - This makes stronger beer, with the richest flavor and fullest body.
Each makes 5 gallons
These no-boil kits include dried yeast, but we give you the option of upgrading to WYeast "Activator" ready-to-pitch live yeast cultures. Live yeast cultures cost a bit more, but it also makes superior quality beer. If you choose the live yeast option, you'll still get the included dry yeast packet (because it's sealed under the kit lid.) Even though you have both, don't use the dry packet.
Here's some really important information: These no-boil kits should not be boiled. Some people will tell you that boiling will make the kit better. That's not true. These kits have already been fully boiled at the brewery. Extra boiling you might do is over-boiling. It just wastes time and energy, and it reduces hop aroma.