LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Lucky7s
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Hop Question

I'm brewing a DIPA this weekend and the last brewing hop addition is at zero minutes. I understand this is at flame out, but how long should I let the hops steep?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
joshualoomis
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

whether you are using hop bags or simply tossing them straight in, typically the hops are left in for the entire chilling process. this is primarily the aroma and flavor addition and will add no detectable bitterness, no matter how long they are left in the wort while chilling (especially in a DIPA).

hope this helps. cheers.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
Calder
Recipes 

Liked 246 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 2

For flame out additions, I remove the pot from the heat (kitchen stove in my case), put my immersion cooler in, and let it sit for a few minutes with the lid on. Then I add the flame out hops, and let it all steep for about 30 minutes with lid on before starting to cool.

Quick Reply