Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Help with recipe of "found ingredients"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
joecghuy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help with recipe of "found ingredients"

Have not brewed since the kids. They are older and found some older ingredients. What can I make with 3 lbs dry gold malt extract, 1lb Laaglander light and3.3 lbs amber malt plain liquid. I'll get what ever else I need. Thought this might be a good challenge for some board expert. Also have home grown hops of questionable variety that I'd like to use. Not expecting greatness but wouldn't mind being surprised.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

You could brew a variety of things with that. Do you like IPA? That malt could go into an IPA or pale/amber ale or maybe even a porter/stout with the right steeping grains. Tell us what styles you like an we will see if we can get you there.

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
Sir-Hops-A-Lot
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I would guess that your liquid malt extract is not usable. I brewed a batch with some old liquid extract that the local home brew store had left on the shelf past it's life. The result is ruined beer. Dry malt lasts much longer.
Go to the recipe forum on this site and post this question. You'll get a lot of help there. The "Extract Brewing" forum (here) is largely for the guys brewing kits.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Wayneh
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree the ingredients are probably to old.

Wayne

Quick Reply