The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Fruity wheat beer...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
Fudd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Fruity wheat beer...

I wanted to make a fruity beer(uh, you know, for my girlfriend...) and they didn't have the light LME the recipe called for at my brew store. I bought a half light, half wheat mix, which I guess makes this a wheat beer. Is there any fruit that doesn't go well with wheat beers? I was originally going to make it rasberry but maybe with the wheatness the rasberry would be too strong? I don't want it to taste like pure juice. The recipe calls for 3 quarts so maybe I should lower that? Someone let me know if they think 3 quarts of rasberry juice will come out well, or if I should change it. Please.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
feedthebear
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Rasoberry wheat is actually a common beer. I'd go with real berries instead of juice. I haven't done one yet, but plenty of folks on the forum have. You can probably find someone's recommendation by doing a search. Also the Brewmaster's Bible has recipies with as little as 3 lbs and as much as 6lbs.

If you do use juice, make sure you get 100% raspberry juice and its not-from-concentrate. A lot of juices are blended with grape juice, which will probably give you undesired flavors. If its from concentrate, it will have high fructose corn syrup mixed with it, which will also give you undesired flavors.

Drinking: Cab.Sav/Merlot Wine, Grand Cru, Hazelnut Stout #3, Ordinary Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply