Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Forgot to buy specialty grains, do I need them?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #11
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Saflager S-23 works quite well, very clean.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
CBBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levers101
Got the grains, they do not crush them, no need to even ask, as the only sell grains in pre-packaged allotments. Now I need to figure out how to crush them. Perhaps, if I clean out my coffee grinder... sounds dangerous though... I don't really want a coffee flavor in this beer.
Are you sure they don't have a crusher. My LHBS sells the grains in pre-packaged uncrushed amounts but if you ask you can use the grain mill in the back room to crush them yourself. However as they are a big beer store with a small homebrew section the person behind the counter usually doesn't think to ask whether you need them crushed or not. Ask next time you are in the store. If they don't crush them, either get yourself a mill or a new LHBS (maybe both).
Craig

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply