Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > First Time ordering from AHS....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
talleymonster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Default First Time ordering from AHS....

Well I placed an order to AHS the other day. I ordered a Nut Brown Ale with a couple of extras.
When it arrived yesterday via UPS I opened it up to see that the lid on the malt extract had lifted up and leaked a little extract. Everything was all sticky, with foam peanuts stuck to it all. I didn't lose enough extract to make an impact on my brew I don't think...maybe an ounce or two.
Anyways, I called AHS and told them about it. They took myu information and said someone from shipping would call me back. Not long after, I got a call. I spoke with a man by the name of Mark. It is my conclusion that Mark is a good guy. He apologized for the mess, and gave me 50% off of my next kit!
I'm a first time customer and after the mess I had decided to maybe try another company on my next order. But he managed to change my mind and keep a customer. Very Cool.

A+ for customer service for Austin Homebrew Supply!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Foreigner
Recipes 

Yeah, things occasionally go wrong. As long as they express a real desire to make it right I'm ok with that.

I try not to drink anything harder than Gin before breakfast - W.C. Fields

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind

Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
shif7y
Recipes 

Never had that problem with AHS. They are always very quick and have not had any problems dealing with them after multiple orders.

Quick Reply