The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > First Home Brew, Coopers IPA kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
gmsorge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Home Brew, Coopers IPA kit

Hey Guys!!

I've always been a fan of beer, so I figured why not make my own. The attachments on this post are a picture of the beer I brewed (Coopers IPA Kit) and a idea for my "brewery" name/logo (Just having some fun).

Anyways...my first beer turned out pretty good. 4 days in the primary, 4 days in the secondary and so far it's been bottled for about a week. I opened one last night and it tasted pretty good, just a little flat.

And before any of you tear me a new one about not letting it ferment a lot, my SG it was already at 1.01 after 4 days in the primary and after 4 days in the secondary it was the same. I expect to be more patient on my next brews, I just wanted to get this one done quick so I could taste the fruits of my labor.

Thanks for listening!

ipa.jpg   brewery-label.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
jmprdood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Welcome to the obsession! Lots of people bottle once the FG has leveled off for a few days, so no worries. But letting it go a couple weeks more in the bottle is usually best. But hey it's your brew. Now let it alone and brew another batch - you'll be amazed how much better it is next week and the week after.

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply