Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > First Brew- American IPA extract!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #21
whathits14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

And now the moment you've all been waiting for....

The beer is done. However, I messed up adding the priming starches to the batch and forgot to give the beer a little stir to get the starches dispersed in all the beer. The result of this small error is, unfortunately, a very lightly carbonated beverage. It still tastes fantastic, better than I expected, but there is no head and only very small bubbles for the most part. On the other hand, it looks like some of the last beers to get bottled got a fair share of starches and carbonated just fine...my roommate managed to get one and I tried it and it was amazing...full head, carbonation, everything...so I guess its motivation to keep poping the caps until you get a great one .

I'm definitely brewing again REAL soon, and you can all be damn sure that I will do my best to make sure every beer from the next batch lives up to its potential....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #22
Whut
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1624 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 8548

Congrats and welcome to the obsession!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply