Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Extract Tip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
BogusOwnz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

sit the LME in hot water and when I start pouring I stab a hole in the back of the container to vent.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #12
Beer_Guy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

First thing, I heat a small pot of water to boil. Kill heat and set the cans in it. By the time I am ready for them they are just right. Then rinse with hot water. (Be sure and use a towel or wear an oven mitt. The can will get HOT.)

Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
Rocky71
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sitting it in hot water for at least 15 mins before I need it is all I do for liquid. I just used all dry extract for the first time Sunday. Biggest tip i got is that it wants to all pour out and pour out quick so be careful because I almost dumped mine in all at once. I've been told that if you spill some it will immediately stick to the side of your pot.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
Tlylebrew
Recipes 

I and a friend of mine pour out as much of the LME as we can easily, then carefully did it into the boiling wort. Put the cap back on and shake it really good. Careful is the word here, it is hot... But you get each last drop of goodness.

For the DME, I pour the bag as quickly as I can and if there is a bunch stuck, I again stick the bag down in the wort. I am not that worried about cleanliness at that point, heck I am going to boil it for an hour.

Quick Reply