extract syrup substitute for dried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesseheaton152

Reaction score
Im going to be brewing a wit soon and i was just wondering if anyone knew if you could substitute an an extract syrup instead of a dried extract?

I always have trouble getting all of the LME out of the can. I usually use DME just because I hate to waste perfectly good sugars.

our brew store just dispenses it into a plastic container so i use a spatula to try and get it all out.. that is some thick stuff.

If you stick the container in some very warm water, it'll pour more easily and be easier to get out with the spatula. It's like honey- it'll pour and be more liquid when warmer.

Hold the container with a potholder and dip some of the hot wort with a cup and rinse the container with that. Don't worry about contaminating because you will be boiling the wort anyway. This works best if you heated the full container first.

Back