Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Extract Pliny the Elder

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
namyarb3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Thank you so much, Guys. I am pretty new to brewing, and this recipe will be my most complicated so far. That along with the fact that it will also be my first full-boil leaves a couple lingering questions.

This site is awesome. I mostly troll video game modding sites, and I have never been in a more friendly community. No harsh words, name calling, or other B.S.
As of 2 minutes ago, I am now a Premium Member. Your support has earned my support!!

Fu*k 'em if they won't get drunk.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
DirtyHaus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just brewed a full boil extract Pliny clone 4 days ago. My recipe came from Bewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff. He says he worked with Vinny from Russian River to scale down the real pliny recipe to homebrew size. The recipe i have is much different from the one posted in this thread.

Anyone feel free to PM me and i'll send you a picture of the recipe straight out of the book

Old 08-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #13
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1078 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHaus View Post
I just brewed a full boil extract Pliny clone 4 days ago. My recipe came from Bewing Classic Styles by Jamil Zainasheff. He says he worked with Vinny from Russian River to scale down the real pliny recipe to homebrew size. The recipe i have is much different from the one posted in this thread.

Anyone feel free to PM me and i'll send you a picture of the recipe straight out of the book
Jamil's is close, and really tasty, but I converted it to AG, so didn't do it as an extract. IME, to get a clone spot on, you need to tweak it a few times to fit your brew house. I thought as an AG, Jamil's recipe could've been a bit dryer, I'd assume more so out of the extract version. I've only attempted a PtE clone twice, and neither was spot on Pliny, although both were great IIPA's and the second was much closer to the real deal. I have a couple plans for the next go 'round, mayhap the third time will be the charm.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Quick Reply