Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > Extra sweet, extra espresso stout?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Lepke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Extra sweet, extra espresso stout?

Hi All!

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on how to add extra sweetness to a sweet stout.

I would think adding extra lactose sugar would do, but am not certain.

Next question. I want to give this a really nice espresso kick. When should the coffee be added and how much?

Thanks!
Ken

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Make your beer, pour it in a glass, add some sugar... Jk

I would say add more lactose. I hear a lb is good for a5 gallon, maybe a lb and a half?

Search for the coffee thing. I I've read it a bunch of times, but of course since I'm not that interested in making a coffee stout, I don't retain the info, haha. Maybe a steep in the secondary of some ground coffee until the taste is good for you. A little goes a long way apparently.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
edb
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Brew a Milk Stout, use at least 1lb of lactose sugar, on your steeping grains steep 1 lb of crystal on top of your other grains. Cut back on your bittering hops or add them at 45 min vs 60. Coffee beans in the secondary or add brewed or cold pressed coffee in the bottling bucket.

Quick Reply